Governor Phil Murphy’s ambitious energy goal mandates 50% of the state’s electricity must come from renewable sources by 2030. To achieve this target, New Jersey’s solar incentives drive lucrative economics for businesses throughout the state. Given current legislation, as well as the urgent demand from both investors and consumers for companies to demonstrate climate action, there has never been a better time to install solar in New Jersey.Top six reasons to go solar in New Jersey:
- Energy rates in New Jersey are on the riseNew Jersey’s Board of Public Utilities has announced new, increased energy prices taking effect on June 1, 2020. Going solar will help your company obtain electricity at a fixed price for many years to come.
- Solar incentives in New Jersey have never been betterNew Jersey recently passed the Transition Renewable Energy Credit (TREC) Program. This new program provides lucrative incentives for large rooftop projects and carports—companies will receive 15-years of fixed revenue for generating solar energy onsite. Act fast while the program lasts!
- Transform underutilized ground or roof space into a source of clean energySolar can be installed directly on any of your company’s unused ground or roof space, turning underutilized areas into a source of revenue and energy savings. If your company has a large roof or a large amount of ground space available, it’s the perfect place for solar.
- Investors are demanding sustainable practicesInvestors and financiers are looking for companies that are investing in sustainability and the environment. Installing solar is a sound investment that shows your company is committed to the future.
- Consumers want to support sustainable businessesAccording to Nielsen, consumers want companies to make an effort to improve the health of the environment. A solar installation is an easily visible way to show consumers that your company supports sustainability.
- Many companies in New Jersey have already gone solarCompanies across every industry have already decided to realize the benefits of solar. Yours can begin utilizing solar as well.
For more than 10 years, PowerFlex has provided turnkey solar and energy storage solutions to many clients in New Jersey, including Target, BJs Wholesale, and Bloomberg. Solar can help your business lower energy costs, increase property value and meet sustainability goals. PowerFlex manages all aspects of the solar project, from development to execution and asset management and works with real estate owners and tenants to make the process as simple and seamless as possible. Contact us today for a free solar assessment.